Thursday, December 15, 2011

Yarn Christmas Trees

Anyone who knows me knows that I believe we are indeed in the throws of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. So, I wanted to share a quick little craft that a friend of mine and I both did. Originally, I saw a post on Pinterest from Parents.com and knew it was a "must do" this year. These cute and cheerful trees are SUPER easy (a small child could definitely help) and could be made to fit any color scheme. I decorate in crazy bright colors and April uses your more traditional red, white and green.

All you need is:
A foam cone
yarn-it doesn't take an entire roll, so if you have some at home already, that should be enough
craft pom-poms
glue-I use fabric glue in a tube because it dries very quickly

I didn't take step-by-step pictures, but this is SO easy. It took about 30 minutes for the whole thing. Probably wouldn't have taken that long, but I was watching tv while I did it.

1. Wrap the yarn around the tree so as to cover the foam. I was really haphazard about it because I like things a little messy. I started at the top and worked my way down because I wanted the end of the yarn to be at the bottom.
2. Glue the end of the yard either under the tree or at the very bottom of the cone. If you're a craft hoarder like myself and have a piece of green felt, glue a circle of felt onto the bottom of the cone. If not, don't worry. It won't affect the look of your tree.
3. Glue the pom-poms on.

That's it! I told you it was easy. And it's so incredibly inexpensive...especially if you have a coupon for your craft store or have most of the items already. I had a cone but of course couldn't find it! Oh well. 


                                                            These are my friend April's




                                                                     This one is mine.
                                       

Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment